Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Marathon!

I did it! I completed my very first marathon.  26.2 miles in 4:48.  It was slower than I'd hoped for (my slowest goal was 4:45) but it's done and I can be nothing but proud.

We saw many signs along the way talking about how the training is the hard part..the marathon is the victory lap.  I can't disagree with that. 

A marathon is hard work.  A hill at 26.1 is REALLY hard.  Losing your running buddies at mile 7 is even harder.  But, the pride of completing it is all worth it.

I need to process the experience a little more before I sit and write a full recap.  I'm a processor and to do it any justice, I need to just wait a little bit. 

The best part of all of it? I can't wait to go for a run again.  I'm actually wishing I wasn't so freaking sore right now because I'd love to go out for a run.  Especially  now that I don't have to do certain miles with certain outcomes.  Just run.  That's all I want to do right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment