Friday, November 16, 2012

concussion

Does this sweet, chubby face look like it could hurt you? No! Of course not. 

Oh, but it did.

On Sunday, the boys and I were "snuggling" in my bed.  Charlie sat up and I guess thinking he had more room than he did, he threw himself backwards onto what he thought was the pillow.  But instead, I was there.

I sobbed, he sobbed and we all went on about our day.

On Wednesday, Hilly and I met for a short run and I felt TERRIBLE.  After a 3 mile run, I was surprised that I couldn't sleep at all that night. My body ached, my temp was fluctuating, I felt dizzy and all around icky.  So I started googling.

The next day, I go to see the school nurse and yes, she's convinced I have a concussion and says I need to go home right away and rest my brain.  Literally rest my brain.

So yesterday I sat on my sofa staring at the wall, got great rest and feel much better today.

Who would have guessed a concussion from my sweet baby?! Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment