Thursday, September 3, 2009

I feel like I've done NOTHING this week!

6 miles this whole week?! How crazy is that?

We've done in one week what we did in 1/4 of a week just a few short weeks ago!

Today was our last official run before the 1/2 marathon. We did 2 miles. Out GA and back. Susan was SO cute when we got to the end of GA and asked if we needed to go farther. I cracked up because there was no way I was going farther. And, I love that she's SO anal about her mileage. I don't know who else is...

Anyway, we did our 2 miles and it was awesome. I mean, not that you can really gauge a run when it's only 2 miles but it was 57 degrees.. how could it not be awesome.

What I loved the most was the end. See.. me, Susan and Maria SERIOUSLY run the exact.same.pace. and if you've ever run with anyone you know that's HARD to find. Everyone always says, "don't get caught up in chatting, run YOUR pace". Well, my pace is our pace. So at the end of the 2 miles, I said "Let's push it ladies" and we all did and we were STILL all right there together. Never once did any of us go out in front of the other.

Maybe they were just being nice to me but I know I was running FAST and they were right there with me.. so they may not have been running as fast as they could but they were still fast. Gosh, I'm redundant with my words tonight.

I just love the bonding I've done with both my running buddies and ALL the running girls this summer. This has truly been one of the best summers ever.

I can't wait until VaBeach!! I can't wait to see our shirts! And put on my tattoo!!!! YEAH!

So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment