Friday, August 10, 2012

14 and 15

My amazing running buddy, Hilly, recapped our 14-miler the best anyone could.  You can read that here, if you haven't already.

Let me recap 15 really quickly.

After 14, I didn't run again until 15.  I was not really interested in leaving all this to go run:





So on Sunday, I drove the 5 hours back to NC and ran 15 miles.  Easy right? Ha!

I decided to break it up into 3 5-milers.  I started at 5pm.  It was a cool 91 degrees.

The first mile was fab. The second wasn't as great but okay. The 3-5 were brutal.  I was so freaking hot that sweat was flying off in front of me.  So gross.

I got to my car, cooled down, ate a banana, and started on the 2nd 5. Good.  Those miles were fine. Slow but fine.  I had my groove.

Then I started on the last 5.  Knowing that Hilly was meeting me for the last 2 of the run energized me until about 11.5. Then, it was like my Garmin just stopped working along with my legs, my head, my arms. Everything.  When I saw her pull in, I was at almost 13 and I wanted to die.  My legs hurt.  I sat on the ground and said I wasn't moving.

So we sat and chatted for a few minutes and then I got up again.

We finished 2 more miles and I literally wanted to die.  It was a train wreck from mile 2 until mile 15. I was so happy to be DONE with it.

Luckily, this week the 4, 7, and 4 have been good and have restored my faith in why I run.

Tomorrow, lucky number 13.  We've got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment