Sunday, September 16, 2012

Oh, hi there.

Yeah, so I underestimated how cray-cray (yes, it's a word.) my last weeks at the College were going to be and how busy the new job would be.  My goodness.  I would like to say I am just now coming up for air, but I kind of don't think that's the case.

I'm in this weird place.  I am having a REALLY hard time thinking/scheduling/planning anything besides where the boys will be, my running schedule (although the running buddies might disagree), and my work schedule.  Poor KT.  I have no idea where that guy is.

I am guessing it is just because I'm absorbing so much at the new job, reflecting on the old one so that I can effectively move on, and my brain is full. 

So in the last few months, I/We/They have:
-turned two with several parties
-turned five with a big birthday bash
-run 19 miles at one time and felt so good I pushed myself at the end of it.
-started Kindergarten
-started a new after-school program at my new school
-met lots of great new people through the new job
-missing my former colleagues like nobody's business.
-made lunches, sat in carpool, picked our uniform clothes.
-not volunteered at the new school knowing he'll be at my new school soon.
-not emailed friends back (I'm so sorry, friends.)
-tried to text my new digits but let's face it, I get tired.

That's only snapshot.  It's not much and I spend most of my quiet time feeling really badly about how I'm not at 100% with all facets of my life but this is only temporary. 

I promise I'll be a better friend, wife, colleague, mama very soon.  I just hope everyone is patient with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment