Wednesday, July 22, 2009

4.5 at the beach

Mr. son of the mother runner woke up at 6:00 so I thought I'd be out running by 6:30. Little did I know I'd walk into his room and find a pile of puke he'd SLEPT IN! Holy grossness.

SO after taking the time to get it cleaned up and Will and feel like a terrible mama for not knowing that my child puked in the night it was 8:00 before I got started.

It's nice running here because there are mile markers every 1/2 mile so I knew exactly how far I was going. I was going to walk down to 19.5, run to 17.5 turn around and go all the way to 20 and then walk back the rest of the way.

Well, after dealing with puke and ick, I was OVER the idea of going to run so I just started as soon as I hit the street which meant I didn't come back up and go to 20. I think our street to 19.5 is about .3 if I had to guess. I'll measure it later and then adjust my run later in the week if I fell short. But for now, I'm just saying I did 4.5.

I felt good during the run, overall. It was hot and sticky and I was bouncy which is just silly. I never run to music anymore so I think that having the music made me bounce. I'd much rather have a nice conversation with girls now than listen to Kanye or Britney when I run which is just so different than what I would have said last year!

Tomorrow, I think I'm going to drag my BIL out there with me to do my second 4.5 of the week and then do my 3 miles of cross training on Friday with my sis. We're going to leave all babies with their daddies and have sista time.

Only 2 more days at the beach...that sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment