Sunday, August 30, 2009

7 mile saturday

I haven't wanted to blog here since I was a big fat loser last weekend. I started running our long run, got to about 5 miles and couldn't go any further without gagging. I was so weak. My legs and whole body just felt ready to pass out. So, I called KT to come get me and turned out I had a virus that kept me down for 2.5 days.

I know that there was nothing I could do about it and that it's better to not run when you are sick but I still feel like a loser for not doing the 13 mile run that day. I'm going to beat myself up about it until I finish the half in one short week.

This week, I did 4 on Wednesday night all alone. Fine. it was hot. I ran too fast (10:30 mile!) I was still a little weak, whatever it was done.

Met the girls on Thursday morning for another 4 miler and I thought I might die during it. WTH?!

Saturday we went back to SL for a long run around the lake. I hate that lake. The run itself was fine but I just felt like it was hard. I hate running in a circle. Most people hate running out and back but I've realized that in a circle, I'm ALWAYS looking for the end. On an out and back AT LEAST I know where I am and when. Crazy, but true.

Anyway, I talked myself out of stopping the entire time and quite honestly, I still felt weak. Just blah. Not like the strong runner girl I felt like a few weeks ago. I think part of it is my attitude. I need to just get over myself and love running again. Get over the sickies, get over it all.

This week we taper which I'm happy about but totally nervous about. I'm definitely not very good at switching up my normal plan and short runs typically are hard because I think they should be easy when in fact, no run is ever guaranteed to be easy.

Lordy, running is such a wacked out mental game.

I'm going to focus on hydrating and eating healthfully this week. No beer!! Maybe..

No comments:

Post a Comment