Tuesday, August 18, 2009

tuesday - 6-miler

Oh, lordy, gettin' up at 5:20 is starting to get old. Mama's tired.

I got up this a.m. and read my emails and saw a text from Susan saying she wasn't running. As soon as I read it, I thought, I should go back to bed but when else would I run?! There's not a lot of time to just run out and do 6 miles.

It was a long and hard run but it was good. It was muggy. SO muggy.

We did the LB Greenway which was a little sketchy because it was dark and the leaves were all over the trail. We got to 3 miles, turned around and finished. We made pretty good time and I was glad it was over.

I really think I need to start eating more before weekday runs although this Thursday is our last 6-miler before we start to taper. I just felt sluggish and my stomach was rumbling throughout the run. We DID GU at around 3.25, so that helped a little.

I can't believe we are just 19 days away from race day. 3 months ago, I couldn't IMAGINE actually finishing the race and now I can't wait for it to be here. Now, I can run 6 miles before work and not even think twice about it (besides the 5:45 start time).. my how things change. I really really just hope I can adequately put into words what this summer has meant to me and how I have loved it so. Training for this 1/2 marathon is going up on the list of one of the best things I've EVER done.

Whoo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. good for you. so glad you got back into running!! And YES, I am over the 5:45's. I never LOVED but I was fine and could get up... it but NOW I HATE it and just wn tot sleep in. That's what happened today! LMAO

    ReplyDelete