Friday, August 14, 2009

we just kept runnin' and runnin'...

Thursday was funny. It was the run that lasted forever.

Not sure why but we were all very quiet on this run, which was fine. There were 5 of us that stuck together and a few times, I wanted to pipe up but I've been worried that I'm "that girl" that doesn't shut up so I'm trying to be more aware of what others want. How crazy is that?! :)

So we ran and we ran and we were not getting anywhere it felt like. We turned around at 3.5 and GUed and just kept running. Somewhere around the 4 mile mark (or so I thought) I looked at my watch and saw 51 minutes. How in the WORLD would we do TWO whole miles in 16 minutes? How SLOW are we here?!?!

Because I figured we'd just been running really really slow (not that it felt like it), I picked up my pace because I just didn't want to have a slower time than Tuesday knowing I was in the back of the pack then. A girl I don't run with often was with me so we chatted a little but honestly, we were pushing it pretty hard, so it was difficult to talk.

We hadn't even gotten to the hill at GA yet (which we've all decided is basically the end of the route) and we were at 1:07 which was my same time from Tuesday. The girl I was running with looked at her watch then (I hadn't mention my worry about our time back at 4 miles) and was totally astounded at what it said. I agreed and so we pushed it the last stretch.

So we finished and waited for the other girls and were DELIGHTED when Susan said that her Garmin said 6.55 instead of 6. Whew! We weren't crazy afterall!

This has been very amusing to me ever since yesterday because you know, I'm a little anal about my distances and to be off by .55 was just funny to me. At least it's done, right?

Next up: 12 miles tomorrow. WTF?!

1 comment:

  1. I still don't know where Garmin had the glitch. Unless something was strange when I had the low battery signal. I think I'm glad I hadn't looked at our time or I would have freaked, too!

    I felt the same way - I was going to pipe up and be chatty, but I didn't want to be "that girl"! : ) 12 miles? Really???

    ReplyDelete