Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nightmare

Well, it's begun. I'm freaking out about the race. Like, FREAKING OUT. As if my 171 miles already logged this summer is going to do NOTHING FOR ME when it comes to race time.

Last night I had a nightmare and woke up in a panic, went back to sleep and continued to dream about it. Here's a list of everything that went wrong in my dream.

First dream:
  • I showed up wearing a cotton shirt. Not only a cotton shirt but the 1/2 marathon shirt from 2005. I was THAT girl all the sudden.
  • I lost the group and was in the corral alone. All alone, just like in 2005.
  • Jules had insisted on eating at Panera on the night before the run.

Second dream:

  • I walked up to the registration desk on the day of the race (!!) and my stomach was grumbling.
  • So I grabbed a banana. A peeled banana with finger marks in it. Blech.
  • I didn't have my water belt
  • Or GU
  • I was wearing a string bikini to run in? Didn't have a sports bra.
  • Susan had INSISTED that she should wear her number on her butt? And backwards? All I could respond was, "well then how are we going to search for your pictures after the race, Susan??"

Oh, what a terrible terrible dream. And I have another month of this!!

1 comment:

  1. PANERA!!?? You silly girl...we need to eat at Wendy's instead. ;)

    ReplyDelete