Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Still

I still have nothing much to say about the 12 mile run we did on Saturday. It was really hard. I was starving around mile 4 and luckily our coach was prepared for that. We stopped at 7 miles and were able to eat a banana for the rest of the 5 mile loop.

Everyone keeps asking "did you run the whole 12 miles without stopping?" I kind of hate that question. I also hate the "did you run today?" that people give me EVERY day.

But, back to the did you run the whole time without stopping. I like to just say "yes" because I mean, I ran 12 miles! We did stop at the 7 mile mark to eat a banana and have a potty break but we were stopped for maybe maybe 5 minutes. There was no way in hell I could have run another 5 miles without that banana. Then, as we were going up a beast of a hill around 10.5, I ran maybe 5 yards and then again on the beast of a hill at 11.5 another couple feet. So, I don't really consider those few seconds of walking time as WALKING time.

I have no clue why this matters really.

What does matter is that I didn't feel great during the run. I was TIRED. I never thought "there's no way I can go another second" but it was just hard. I guess it WAS 12 miles so feeling tired, is okay, right? I sure hope so.

On Saturday we are doing 13 miles. Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment