Tuesday, June 2, 2009

3.7 in 38 at 5:30 (as in a.m.)

Uh huh. You read that title right. I ran at 5:30 this morning!!! For those of you reading that on Facebook AND here and thinking, "SO WHAT?! You are not the only person in the world running at 5:30!" I know that. But, you have to understand. I don't do things at 5:30. Or 6:00. 6:30 is even difficult for me. I love my sleep.

But, a friend from church told me she met a new running partner and did I want to meet them this morning to run? Since it's supposed to be 93 degrees this afternoon, I figured, why not?

I overslept. I woke up at 5:28 and pulled into her driveway at 5:32. I'm SO glad I had my stuff all ready to go next to the back door!

Anyway, we did a quick run. Or, a fast run in my book. Our coach keeps saying to keep it easy but this morning just felt good to go a good pace. We even walked a tiny bit so we must have been booking it.

Now, I'm exhausted but my run for the day is over! WOOT!

P.S. My left knee hurts. I iced it after the run for about 10 minutes (didn't have anymore time because Will woke up) and it's not as bad now, but it hurts to walk. Hm...

Total: 3.7 Miles

1 comment:

  1. congrats but you suck...if I had know it was going to be 90 somehtig today i would have gotten up earlier too.
    BOO for me.

    ReplyDelete