Monday, June 15, 2009

6 miles

Sorry I haven't posted yet about our long run on Saturday.. KT and I left town on Saturday not long after our group run. We've been here way too much lately. We needed to pack it up and enjoy some family time in VA.

So, Saturday was fun. I was very nervous in the beginning about running 6 miles since I haven't done 6 in YEARS, years as in BW (Before Will). Coach Liz had it all worked out that we would run Greenway and Trails ... we ended up doing 2.5 on trails and the other 3.5 on the greenways.

The trails were great except the stopping and starting that you sometimes had to do to get around mud or go down a steep hill. And it's definitely a bit nerve-wracking thinking you are going to bust your butt at any minute on a root or rock. I loved getting muddy though and I LOVED how cool it was inside the woods.

At mile 4, Liz had GU set up for us since there were several ladies who'd never done it before, we just all stopped and did it together. Yum! It really does put a little pep in your step for those last miles.

After getting off the trails, it was hard running on the pavement. Naturally, your legs are a little wobbly because the ground is so much different. But I made it, didn't die, and have felt good ever since. No soreness or abnormal tiredness at all!

I finally finished my 6 miles in 1:13. Not too bad, I guess.

KT and I just signed up for the Freedom Run on June 27. I'm doing the 10k and he's doing the 2-miler. Now, I just need to find a babysitter... hm...

No comments:

Post a Comment