Tuesday, June 30, 2009

feeling strong!

Woot! 4 miles at 5:45.. temp was a kind 65 degrees with zero humidity. Perfect running weather.

I felt good and strong again. Like, I CAN DO THIS. Thank goodness because I was starting to have serious doubts that I will ever be able to run a freaking 1/2 marathon. Serious doubts.

I'm still a little stressed about the long runs because of how hard Saturday was but I just HAVE to remember to keep them slow so I can keep my energy up.

Thursday, a few of us are doing out long run since the 4th is on Saturday and most of us will be doing other things that day. Jules and I have already talked about the route to get in 7 miles and I think it'll be good with few hills. I'm excited about trying a new course since the parks are getting pretty monotonous.. although, I did notice that the second LONG hill of the 4 mile loop was a lot easier this morning. So maybe we ARE getting stronger?!

In other news, I haven't lost ONE POUND since I started training and that's a little discouraging. I think last year I had breastfeeding to my advantage. This year, I got nothing. Oh well. I'm fit, that's all that should matter, right?

Wanna see the two pictures my awesome hubby got of me as I was running on Saturday? Heh. He's a great cheerleader and totally cute but not a great photographer. Maybe he just likes my bum?

2 comments:

  1. Yep, he was totally checking out your bum! : ) When you have a sec will you send me details of the route you guys are thinking about for Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about pounds. Remember muscle weighs more than fat. You are strong, fit and (by the way) gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete