Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hills

I used to say "I love hills!" and I really meant it. I am not a fan of flat running for long periods of time. I do like the change of pace (literally) that hills provide.

During this training program, I've sort of just hated hills all around. Well, last night, we met with some crazy ultrarunner to do hill repeats. We ran a 1-mile warm up and then went up a humoungous hill (I can't even explain how far the hill goes. Just trust me on this one.) 4 times after doing intervals of 10 seconds, 20, 30 and 40. It totalled 1.5 miles! ON A HILL! We did NOT get much rest time between the repeats. After the hard hills in 90 degrees, we went another mile or so to "cool down".

I haven't done that hard of a workout in a LONG time. I'd rather go run 6 miles on a Saturday morning than go up that crazy hill just one time. I know that it helps me in the long run but SHEESH!

Mama was TIRED when she got home. I sat on the couch and let hubby bring me dinner. And then went to bed at 9:15 just to get up at 5:45 to run again.

Yes, run again at 5:45.

This time we only did 2 miles since we are in preparation for the 10k on Saturday. And because we technically did our Thursday run on Wednesday since we got in about 3.7 miles. I just couldn't not run this morning. I love days when I've run in the morning.

So, we did a quick 2.2.. and there were several ladies who SAID they were going to just do 2 but they didn't, they just kept going! YOU GO GIRLS!!

I was hurting during the way back on the 2.2 run so I walked some but finally got in my groove at the end.

Tomorrow, it's rest day so that I can be ready for the 10k on Saturday. I have a goal time in my head but I'm not posting it here for fear of humiliation. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment