Thursday, June 11, 2009

another 6am 4-miler

Holy crap, I'm tired. I think the excitement of "let's get up and RUN at 6a.m." has worn off. Oh well. I'm glad it's done and I can spend time with my boys tonight and not worry about that.

Did you know I have tremendous mommy-guilt? Yeah, I do. I worry about every minute I could be spending with Will that I'm not. I'm okay with some short things on the weekends without him but during the week, it's HARD. So, when I was running in the evenings, I would leave work early so that I could be home in time to cook dinner or greet them when they walked in the door at 5:30. Leaving early is okay, but not ideal, for obvious reasons.

I did feel bad this morning though because when I walked in, KT went straight to the shower. Evidently, Will was up right at 6:30 and so KT didn't have a chance to do anything this morning. He could have done more, but this is my running blog, not a place to complain, so I won't. Let's just say, we all need to work on time management with this new schedule.

So, I started out the run with another Jane and at the end of GA (about 1.2 into the run) my right shin was killing me and my legs were heavy and I just felt tired. But then, we got to NMP and I made the executive decision with myself that I was going to stop focusing on the pain and focus on the great convo my running partner and I were having. So I did.

And viola! I did it!

We did 4.04 miles and realized that only after visiting her blog and seeing that she has exact mileage. We finished in 45 minutes which isn't too bad.

After the run, we stretched a bit and waited for the other three girls, chatted a bit, encouraged one another and went on our way.

Coming up Saturday - a fun 6 miler! Yikes!

Total: 4.04 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment