Thursday, June 4, 2009

woods run

Yesterday, I ran in the woods at the college. The woods have all kinds of stories about them, so there was no way I was going in alone. I asked a running colleague to go with me and then as we were talking about it, someone overheard and joined us!

For anyone in the area, it's a great 2-mile loop that is shaded and just beautiful. There's a few hills and lots of roots that you have to watch out for.

We did the 2-mile loop in 19 minutes! I was HAULING because we had the most terrific storm coming and I was a bit freaked out by all the thunder. Actually, there were several storms that all hit one another and just sat over top of the city for a few hours that ended up dropping between 8 and 10 inches of rain on us! It was insane.

I'm pretty sure Coach Liz would not be happy with this quick 2 miler on an "easy" day but seriously? Training program vs. dying from a lightening strike... sorry Liz. :)

When we got out of the woods, we had about another .6 miles to go before we could get to our cars. We SPRINTED to the closest building because by this time there was lightening and thunder right above us, the wind started to pick up and the heavy rain started.

We ended up having to stay in the student center for a good 45 minutes before we could run again towards our cars and we really shouldn't have been out then either. If you ever want to see me freak out? Put me outside during a storm. Not pretty.

So I would say we did about a 2.6 mile sprint, er run, in I don't even know how long. But it felt good overall!

I am supposed to run 3.5 tonight but it's storming again. I might have to put that off to a morning run tomorrow.

I just know I was wet and totally freaked out by the events of the last 2 hours that I just got into my car without saying much to the girls and drove away. Crazyness.

Total: 2.6 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment