Tuesday, June 9, 2009

4-miler at 6am

Woot! That's all I have to say about the run with 5 other ladies this morning. Ok, maybe not ALL I have to say.

It was awesome, though.

I chatted with a new running friend the entire time and felt good. It was only 70ish degrees but it was warm. The worst part about running in the morning? The cobwebs. We did GA which is pretty wooded and my partner and I were battling the webs the entire way. I hope Jules and the others appreciated all that web taking down we did for them! At one point, there was even a spider on my nose! The things we do...

We finished the 4 miles in 44:48 so we did right at an 11 minute mile. That was probably faster than Liz wants us to do, though.

Anyway, I have to say that I'm feeling really good and really positive about this experience. Training smart is key to a successful race. I'm SO excited that I've met and bonded with so many new women in the city and that we will all share this experience together.

Total: 4.02 Miles

1 comment:

  1. i am HAPPY thast YOU are HAPPY....I think YOUR BOLDING really MAKES a STATEMENT! ;) ha

    and thanks for the de-cobwebbing! :)

    ReplyDelete